Travel grants for delegates to attend the ETD2016 conference are an investment in ETDs worldwide. The NDLTD believes it is important that delegates from all nations have an opportunity to attend the annual conference and generally provides funding (amount varies) for scholarships. Final decisions about Travel Scholarship awards are the responsibility of the ETD2016 Local Conference Organizing Committee.
- Scholarships may be provided for: travel, lodging, and/or conference fees.
- To receive travel funding a candidate must be from a developing country and must provide a letter of support from their superior noting that the conference is of particular interest to the institution. The applicant must also provide a short (two to three page) report on follow up plans to implement an ETD program at their institution.
- The Local Conference Organizing Committee will ensure that travel grants are distributed appropriately to ensure wide representation from a range of developing countries. Since funding for travel grants is scarce and in order to ensure that as many institutions in developing countries as possible are able to benefit from attending the ETD2016 conference, the Local Conference Organizing Committee will ensure that, except in very special circumstances, the same institution or individual does not receive a travel grant to more than one conference.
- The candidate’s institution must be willing to provide some portion of the travel budget at least equivalent to the domestic portion of the trip.
- Conference fee scholarships are available to any candidates deemed appropriate. These scholarships can be full scholarships or partial scholarships (reduced fees).
- At the time recipients of travel grants submit their final expense claims to the Local Conference Organizing Committee they are also required to submit a short (one page) report on how attendance benefited them and what action(s) they will be able to implement at their home institutions. Outstanding expense claims must not be settled until the reports are received. The requirement to submit a report applies to all recipients of travel grants even if their expenses were paid before the conference. Reports must be submitted no later than three months after the conference has taken place. The reports will be made available to sponsoring organizations if requested.
Important: deadline for the application for financial assistance to attend ETD2016 is April 1, 2016 (closed).
The application must be sent to the Local Conference Organizing Committee. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must contain the following information:
- Job title
- Institution address
- Telephone number
- Have you had a paper accepted for ETD2016? Yes / No
- Have you submitted a poster for ETD2016? Yes / No
- Have you received financial support to attend a previous ETD conference? If so, please name the source.
- Have you applied to the NDLTD conference organizers for financial support to attend a previes ETD conference?
- Have you managed to obtain some financial support towards the cost of attending ETD2016 already? If so, please name the source.
- Please identify the level of importance of the grant funding for which you are now applying.
- Conference fees: essential / helpful / not required
- Accomodation costs: essential / helpful / not required
- Travel assistance: essential / helpful / not required
- Provide an estimate of travel costs if applicable
- Please list the ways in which your institution, organization or country would benefit from your attendance to ETD2016 (e.g.your plans to implement an ETD programme, your plans to publicise the benefits of ETDs through local events or publications, etc.).
- Please confirm your willingness to complete a short feedback form at the end of the conference, and to provide a brief report shortly afterwards identifying the benefits of attendance.
- Please provide a letter (e-mail) of support from a senior member of staff confirming that your attendance at ETD2016 would be of benefit to your institution.
- Please add any further information you would like taken into account.